Tuesday, December 11, 2007

BBC Radio One....Getting it right...

STOP PRESS!!! Did you ever think that one could put "BBC" and "Getting it right" in the same sentence?????

In the past I have not been a great fan of the BBC, especially with their judgemental prejudice towards the news in general and the British Police Force...However.....Asides from that (a long and political story of which I refuse to weigh my blog down with)....I do love listening to their radio station. Particularly on Saturday just gone....

Usually from Monday to Friday, If I can, I tune into Radio One to listen to the Chris Moyles show. Some might say that I'm a little obsessed with the team that present that show as I made a point to find out more about them and what they looked like....You know what it's like, you get an image of someone after listening to them for so long...I had to know!!

Anyway......If I play a rugby match on Sunday, I will have Monday off, which means I miss a show as I'm not up that early on a day off! This means that I have to work on the Saturday to make up for the lost day.
I was driving a lorry on Saturday, I got sent to Coventry, which from Kent is a good 3.5 hours away and that's without loads of traffic!
So you can imagine...I have the radio on and with Chris Moyles not on on a Saturday morning, I don't feel obliged to listen to that station all day!

Here the rant begins..................

BBC Radio One are the only bright sparks, sharp knives, brainy people to NOT have the news playing "On the hour, every hour"....And for this I thank them and will forever be a loyal listener!

Can you imagine how bloody dire it is when 7,8,9,10...etc hits and EVERY radio station reports the same news stories? My word!!! Though clever old Radio One are the ONLY station to still be playing music.....Their news broadcasts are at half past every hour!! GENIOUS!!!!! I love it and them...Keep it up guys!!!

No comments: